Data Solutions- Analytics Lead
About You / Us
Boostr is a Revenue Management platform designed entirely by and for media and ad tech experts. We know the problems, we understand the industry and our customers expect to talk to someone who understands their pains.
The Data Solutions team is part of the Customer Success org and are the experts responsible for providing customer-specific solutions related to data architecture, reporting & analytics and migrations.
The data solutions team takes complex, tangled and disorganized data and transforms it into the structure and format needed to make Boostr work. They also manage and build out the analytics tool that is embedded in every client's system.
Our hallmarks are creativity combined with deep understanding of Boostr; and a belief that every data puzzle is solvable.
We are seeking high achievers who quickly outpace everyone around them - specifically in problem-solving, critical thinking, data/insights and client management. Someone who has the foundational skills of excel but is interested in honing more technical skills such as database architecture, SQL, and the inner workings of Boostr.
Role & Responsibilities
As the Analytics Lead at our company, you will play a pivotal role in harnessing the power of data to drive business insight and optimize decision-making for us and our clients. Analytics, powered by Looker, is a key component of our platform and you will own it. This role encompasses a combination of client-facing responsibilities and back-end maintenance duties, ensuring the smooth functioning of our analytics infrastructure. This role currently manages a small team and will be growing.
This role is responsible for Analytics powered by Looker, Data migrations and individual data projects.
- Maintain and evangelize the Analytics feature, powered by Looker Build
- Build client reporting in our embedded analytics tool (Looker) and lead client analytics sessions and trainings on behalf of individual clients or to roll out across Boostr
- Represent the insights from the data
- Manage Looker backend (how to move dashboards, setup client folders) and write/edit existing LookML
- Migrate customers off of their current CRM/OMS to boostr. This requires detailed data migration work to format, clean and QA data
- Deep understanding of Boostr’s data model to architect data solutions using SQl, Python as needed
- Problem-solving around the best approach. If a client wants to go from A to B in boostr, but their data is still at A- what’s the best way to get them to B?
- Finding ways to make the above easier, faster and repeatable
- Representing boostr as a domain and product expert at customer interactions, and through community sites and social media.
- Identify and research anomalies and outliers in data for issues that come over the helpdesk or impact health of client data
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements for the data solutions team
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
- Work with internal teams as needed to constantly be improving the main pillars of the data solutions team: analytics, data requests / automation, migrations
- Manage the Analytics team
Skills & Qualifications
- Standard excel skills and modeling
- SQL for database and dynamic queries, Python, LookML
- Ability to work with API’s
- Ability to develop procedures and scripts for continuous improvement and repeatable processes
- Consultative approach to problem-solving and attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Deeply organized- as a person and in thinking
- Knowledge of media / publishing industry and experience with CRM and OMS systems
- Willingness to grow into bigger role
- Drive – there’s no set box of roles and responsibilities. If you like autonomy and have a bias for action, you’ll be very happy here
Boostr is a venture backed enterprise software company building solutions for the media & advertising industry. Frustrated by generic, horizontal CRM products, the founders decided to build the platform they wish they had as operators at Yahoo. We started with a CRM platform that’s disrupting how media sales teams are managed resulting in time savings, increased forecast accuracy and revenue growth. Then we introduced an Order Management (OMS) product disrupting the market with the first omni-channel solution. Now we’re the only platform with a single CRM+OMS to manage the entire workflow. We’re just getting started and have an exciting roadmap of new products and features that will change the advertising world.
- We’re inventing what the future looks like enabling our customers to realize their GTM strategies
- 7 years in market
- 80+ employees - 40 on technical team
- $13m + in funding, inclusive of a $7M Series A in July 2020, from Vocap Investment Partners, Bertelsmann Digital Media, Lightspeed, WGI, C2Ventures, Math Capital and the “who’s who” of media insiders
- We work with industry leaders - Buzzfeed, Outfront, Electronic Arts, Vevo, Complex, Match Media, Axios, Dish TV
Please reach out to email@example.com to apply for this role